It's My First Time

Croc Snack 2011

My First (and only) digital painting! No one told me the hardest way to attempt this was on a laptop, using only the trackpad instead of a wireless mouse.... but hey, if it's not challenging, why try it?

I used two photos for reference & created it 100% with Photoshop with a lot of trial and error brush work. I thought framing it tightly around the crocodiles head would illustrate the appropriate tension, making it seem like the dragonfly has nowhere to go (Mwahahaha!). I picked orange for the background to really make the prey pop.

I ended up being very happy with the result. It gave me the desire to try out digital painting some more, though I haven't decided what my next subject matter will be yet. I think I'll stick to an animal theme for now....


Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

All works ©Desiree LaBine 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.