Gosh I've Got Some Pretty Friends

 Eric - 2011

Melody - 2012 (work in progress)

Lately I've been inspired to illustrate again and discovered I really enjoy portraiture using the classic, simple & often underrated creative tool that is the pencil. I hadn't attempted any realistic portraiture beyond the assigned self-portraits I did years ago back in school. Being patient with my rusty skills proved to be exceptionally satisfying, and I've even scored a few potential commissions from people who have seen the final pieces. The process was a confirmation that pushing myself artistically is never a bad idea.
I used Facebook profile photos as reference material for both of these which gave me a lot of options for the ideal source photo and allowed me to give the finished products as surprise gifts.

COMING SOON>  Portrait of my Dad for his 60th birthday, based on a Black and White photo I took of him a few years ago... (now up!)

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

All works ©Desiree LaBine 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.